What do Conveyancing Solicitors Do?
Conveyancing Solicitors Sutton Coldfield handles all the legal aspects of buying and selling a property. It is a very important role, so needs to be chosen carefully.
Conveyancing is the action of transferring legal title from one entity to another. It is strongly advised to go with a qualified and experienced conveyancing solicitor to process the required legal paperwork, it is likely to be one of the biggest purchases of your life, and can become a stressful and overwhelming process to do alone.
The main responsibilities of conveyancing solicitors Sutton Coldfield are:
- Draw up and handle legal contracts
- Offer legal advice on any issues with the property
- Ensure the law regarding property purchase is followed e.g money laundering checks
- Carry out relevant land registry searches
- Carry out council searches
- Process tax requirements for the property e.g stamp duty
- Process and transfer the funds relating to your property
Conveyancing Solicitors Sutton Coldfield can charge their fees in different ways, so it is important to research carefully. Solicitors can charge a fixed fee, hourly rate or a percentage of the property price.
Be sure to clear up the fees before committing to their services, some prefer a fixed fee option so they can budget and prepare for the final bill in advance. However, it is worth noting that there can be unforeseen costs, including if the sale falls through at a late stage, or if the chain you are in has any issues prolonging the process.
Overall, conveyancing solicitors, Sutton Coldfield are invaluable when it comes to completing the vast amount of paperwork required to buy or sell your property. If paperwork is incorrectly completed, it can significantly delay or even halt the process.